As a family-operated business, we at Auscan Services understand the importance of safety in the home. It’s something we take seriously, and try to educate our customers on as much as possible.
We’ve already prepared blog articles for you on the following topics if you’re interested in knowing more about electrical safety in your home:
For those who may have existing or new concerns regarding the safety of their home, it’s always advised to have a qualified electrician to inspect and provide a home safety inspection – as electrical hazards can often be almost impossible for home owners to detect themselves.
At Auscan Services, we offer all new customers with the opportunity to receive a FREE home safety inspection by our highly trained and qualified electricians.
Our electrical inspections are comprehensive, thorough and involve the following:
- Determining any electrical hazards
- Checking for uncovered permanent wiring
- Checking for any exposed wires
- Checking for outdated wiring
- Testing safety switches
- Examining the power box
- Checking safety switches
- Testing power points and lighting
- Evaluating the level of electrical service
- Assessing whether the home includes any DIY wiring
- Noting the location of smoke alarms and testing them
- Scanning for any electrical items that don’t comply with current government regulations
When are electrical safety inspections CRUCIAL to have?
- When you’re buying a new home or property (check out our blog post that details all the myths about building & pest inspections and electrical systems)
- If your house is old and you have growing concerns
- After bad weather or major storms
- On a regular basis after purchasing a new property
What are common findings from an electrical inspection?
It’s often the case that residential and commercial properties may seem safe from the outside, but once investigated even slightly, possess threatening hazards. Issues that could be found from an home safety inspection can include:
- Find potential electrical hazards in electrical installations
- Reveal if any electrical circuits or equipment are overloaded
- Identify any defective DIY electrical work
- Highlight a lack of earthing or bonding
Call us to book in your FREE home safety inspection now, and have one of our Auscan Services electricians look after you and your home! Our qualified electricians go the extra mile, ensuring you have ultimate peace of mind while your property has the highest safety systems in place.